Monday, June 5, 2017

True Success

True Success
Imagine how stressful it was for me to cope with posting all this creative work in such rapid succession from my Telus home connection (with its connected email account david147@telus.net) back in 2007. I'd post a great new poem or script and see it immediately end up on a TV show with some star like Ellen or Jay Leno or Tina Fey claiming it as their work. No one would believe that I wrote it, which forced me to write another script or poem of similar quality to prove my ownership. This new work would, in turn, be stolen by the TV stars to uphold their dirty position against me. And this continued on until hundreds of my posts had been consumed by their stupid fraud by November 2007. They stole all my best posts while my original Blogger account was still online in 2007 and that damn evil president just sat back with folded arms and enjoyed the show. Then after I erased my Blogger account to try to stop the crime, their theft of my posts from work they had already downloaded and saved, or perhaps recovered from that infernal Wayback Machine, ran into the thousands, resulting in whole seasons of broadcast fraud from 2007 to 2010.

The fame offered to me in 2007 and, apparently, again in 2011 was the kind that would please most people, who are not artists attached to their own creations and who would just want to impress the crowd with their performance. The deal, as I understand it now, was for me to go out on stage with only some of my songs and let those corrupt stars claim what they already stole. I'm sure I would have 'impressed the crowd' by sharing the stage with big bands like Nickleback and Coldplay, but I would have been unhappy with that arrangement. And I'm sure I would have impressed the crowd by appearing as a musical guest on Saturday Night Live, but they wanted that particular show to consist entirely of my own comedy scripts and poetry - with Tina Fey listed as the show's head writer in the credits. I would have been most unhappy with that arrangement. If I'm going to be a big star, I don't want a bunch of frauds running around with my hits, drawing my fans away from me with my own work. And there are other aspects to my copyright ownership which might even have brought me real physical discomfort by such an arrangement. So I'm probably much happier right now than I would have been if I would have played along with their plan, even though I'm far from feeling euphoric.

Sure, stardom looks good from the outside. Seeing stars getting all that attention on TV may make you want to be in their place, but I have learned better. Stars who need to plagiarize and lie are basically unhappy with their lives. They are miserable losers. They can't find true happiness in their artificial star world. So instead of wanting to be a star like that, you should just simply want to be happy.

Let's look at my own example. All these jerks who don't know how to create and were hailed as 'artists' with my music got more respect and love from the crowd than I did. Their happiness depends on other people admiring them. If I were like that, I would have hung myself ten years ago. My happiness depends strictly on having a clear conscience and a strong personal relationship with God. And I hope I never change. If I do end up becoming some kind of a broadcast star, I hope I never get as pathetically addicted to public acclaim as the monsters (see my Copyright Issues page) who needed to steal my good work to try to 'stay on top.' I hope someone shoots me in the head before I ever get like that.

I do my best to persuade the crowd to see things my way, but I'm up against big billboards and buses and broadcasts that all want to contradict a fraud victim. I can't put my slogans on bus stops like the ones who wanted everyone to know that they're in the business of music for business. I can only write my retort here and hope that people come to read it: a business which profits from talent owes talent a fair share of its profits. Sound reasonable? More reasonable than they are, at least.

I'm holding out nicely with the gum. I've only had four small 'puffs' in the last three days - so far. And with my earplugs I can hear my breathing and it sounds like my lungs are clearing up nicely. My earplugs may have saved me from cancer. We'll see.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2017. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment