Tuesday, May 9, 2017

A Vote for Democracy

A Vote for Democracy
I was saddened to learn of my residence's worker's upcoming departure yesterday. Jackie, who you might know from my YouTube video The Street to Enlightenment, is just about the nicest and most dedicated social worker I've ever met. She is the one who found a bed for my room and I know it wasn't easy because beds are seldom donated to charity. She cooks for us and supplies us with coffee and always has a smile for us when we walk by her office. Her new employer ought to be highly pleased with her.

I've just come from the voting place and I voted for Melanie Mark of the NDP. Power to the people! Workers should know that they are allowed to take time off from work to vote today if it is necessary. I hope you will exercise your democratic right to vote because it is just about the only power we have. Democracy works best when we all vote.

Since late last month I have been forced to make recordings of ongoing outbursts of violence in my home. I have not shared them online because they are rather unpleasant. Instead I have made them available to the administrators of my building to show how bad things are getting there and to help them home in on the culprit. The videos show a situation that is teetering on disaster and if some of my co-tenants end up going to the hospital from all the loud, aggressive posturing now, I will come out unscathed. I will then have to share this video evidence with the world to show you all the trouble signs which were dismissed in favor of a violent offender.

When I visited Jackie yesterday, I told her a little extra about myself. I told her that I am not a violent person, I am an artist. I may fantasize about violence but I never act on it. An artist by nature wants to make others feel good, not hurt them. My father came back from World War Two half crazy and some of my older brothers turned out a little aggressive, but I was always rather passive and mostly just wanted to draw or read. Violent crime is the one crime for which I have zero tolerance. I don't want to deal with some fool who wants to rule me with his fist for any length of time. If everyone were like these guys, we'd still be living in the Stone Age. And quite often, this violence is encouraged by a romantic relationship with the wrong kind of woman - if you know what I mean. In that instance, I think the whole couple should be held responsible and punished if necessary.

Speaking of violent crime, didn't a Dateline host go to prison for assault in 2013? Assault is a violent crime, isn't it? Well, maybe the media might not share my views about how to deal with violent offenders if they like to commit such offenses, themselves.

On a psychic note, with respect to my online posts, I was almost asleep last night when I was jarred back to consciousness by a cigarette voice with a British accent saying, just a few, mate. Just a few what? Just a few bloody what, mate? I hope someone out there manages to decipher this cryptic message for me. I have a hunch it points to more crime with my music by a band that was already rich rich rich before I came along and shared my hobbies on the web while I was unemployed.

I have a decent idea for a new comedy script but I need to go home and put it together first. I'll try to post it before the end of the day.

2:53pm: I'm back in the library with my latest script in my back pocket. I could expand it more, but you'll get the idea. The astute observer will also see the connection between my idea for this script and my current living situation, as detailed in this post. I'll add the link from here as soon as I type it in. (Here it is: Time Portal/Colonization's Culprits.)
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2017. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment