Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Why I Work

Why I Work
Since I've been home, working around the clock on cartoons for the last few days, maybe you'd like to hear a little extra from me today. First of all, I checked that street corner and it looks like the offending scrawl has been removed from the sidewalk. If they want to erase the offender now, they are more than welcome to do so. I'm tired of people like this who always want to put a frown on my face when I'm innocent and when I've already suffered more than my share at the hands of stars and broadcasters. It's been ten years of this now since I first got noticed on the web. When are these people going to give their ridiculous hate a rest? It seems to have had no positive result whatsoever.

When I think of work, I think of a struggle that brings a positive result. I consider my writing efforts work for that reason. The positive result is a good feeling passed on to the 'consumer' with either a laugh or the compelling distraction of poetry or music. I am hardly ever paid for my work. I do not do it for money but for pleasure. I like drawing and writing poetry. It lets me challenge my brain and helps me feel productive. I also like writing comedy scripts. I approach them like a JavaScript program. (I also like JavaScript.) This is a very sincere motive which seems to show through when people are listening to a song I wrote or looking at a cartoon I drew. They can see the love in my work. It has a very warm feeling which may have a wide appeal.

The idea of limiting the Olympics to amateur competition is to uphold the integrity of the sports being celebrated by eliminating the corrupting influence of money. I know that it is also a popular commercial event but it has a noble foundation with this mindset. People trust amateurs more. That's the kind of trust that those 'professionals' so desperately needed to steal from you when they stole so many of my posts.

I will continue to challenge myself with my music and art for the rest of my life, regardless of my financial situation. I do not share my work to be a star, I share my work because I am an artist. I do not present my work for comparisons with TV stars and rock stars, just maybe for you to hold up against my earlier posts and gauge my progress.

The ones who stole my work stole it to be stars. I am nothing like them and my hard work is a very ill fit for such lazy, selfish people.
  
More Statements Scripts Songs
© 2017. Statements by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment